BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Purpose

As educated, professional, late-twenty-somethings, I think it is reasonable for society to expect that you have a basic understanding of concepts such as common courtesy, responsibility, self-respect, treating others with respect, and how to use a garbage can. This was not an idea that I thought was novel or groundbreaking until we moved into the second floor of a duplex last summer and met our neighbors downstairs.

The people downstairs consist of a guy ("Guy"), his girlfriend ("Girlfriend"), their extremely overweight puggle ("the dog"), and a cat ("the cat"). (See illustration on right sidebar). Upon first glance, they seem like the typical couple living in sin, not much different from my boyfriend and me. Except, it is immediately apparent that our dog is way cuter. Upon closer inspection however, well... this blog is about the closer inspection.

The purpose of this blog is threefold:
1. An outlet to vent. As you will soon see, the people downstairs are infuriating. I have found that after I vent about Guy and Girlfriend to friends or family, I always feel much better and can look back on the latest "event" and laugh about it.
2. Entertainment. It seems as though many of my friends and family don't really work at work and appreciate a good story to pass the time. Please note that I am not judging. I started this blog while at work.
3. Discretion. I originally posted tidbits about Guy and Girlfriend on facebook, and while I received a resounding response via "likes" and comments, I also forgot that I was facebook friends with my landlord. He began texting me questions when friends suggested that I "upper-deck" Guy and Girlfriend's toilet after an incident involving feces. To avoid discussing feces in front of people like my landlord, my mom, and potential employers, and to maintain my anonymity should the readership of this blog exceed 10 people, I have moved this topic to a blog format.

No comments:

Post a Comment